Tuesday, October 4, 2016

... fairy love

Dru and Millie
“Did I scare my baby?” Millie gave Dru that cute little smile he knew so well then kissed his cheek.

“Noooo.” He rolled his eyes, grinned, then pointed to his lips. “You missed.” They both giggled as she flung her arms around him and kissed his lips.

Leeza shook her head as she watched her friends so busily adore each other. “Hey. I’m standing right here--watching.” She clapped her hands together to break up her fellow travelers. “I’m sure you’ll have time for that later. Can we please go? We’re already late.” They nodded and rose into the air. Aleeza was relieved that nothing else was said about her fumbled misuse of the ‘me’ for ‘us’ nor the bright red churning of her cheeks. Her fumbles had been brushed away by love. Although her friends had suspicions, her secret was still safe.

No comments: